Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Terroristic?

Note- I don't know how I missed this story.

Student Arrested For Terroristic Threatening Says Incident A Misunderstanding

A George Rogers Clark High School junior arrested Tuesday for making terrorist threats told LEX 18 News Thursday that the "writings" that got him arrested are being taken out of context.
Winchester police say William Poole, 18, was taken into custody Tuesday morning. Investigators say they discovered materials at Poole's home that outline possible acts of violence aimed at students, teachers, and police. More...

----------------------------------------
I think they went a little over the top on this one. Why would anyone take a young man's story about ZOMBIES attacking a high school...and say its terrorism? "My story is based on fiction," said Poole. Is it odd that his grandparents turned the story over to the police? Yes, I think its weird to say the least. I believe what he says about this, and really don't understand why his bond was raised. They say its serious, I say its foolish.